Combine log-info with credit card info in a single entry

Options
gzearfoss
gzearfoss
Community Member

I am a new user using the Windows app and the browser add-in. I created an entry for a credit card with lots of info about the card, including the URL. However, to save the log in info, the system the system creates a second entry. Is there a way to combine the two into a single entry, to simplify the process and reduce confusion when using the add-in to log in to the credit card's website?

Also, is there a way to adjust either the drop-down window in the browser add-in or the size of the two panes? Alternatively, is there a way to adjust the font size in the add-in? The names in the left pane are truncated too much.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Combine log-info with credit card info in a single entry

Comments

• Hi @gzearfoss, thank you for this thoughtful request.

Just to make sure I understand correctly: is this a case where the website is using the card # as the login / username?

Traditionally, we have had separate item types for logins and credit cards, because they seem to serve distinct purposes. But I'm interested in this question and where the space for improvement might be. We'll be happy to discuss this!

Also, is there a way to adjust either the drop-down window in the browser add-in or the size of the two panes? Alternatively, is there a way to adjust the font size in the add-in? The names in the left pane are truncated too much.

Thank you for this! We have heard this from a few other customers as well, and as a result have an open request for improvement with our developers about it. I'll add your comments here to that discussion - we always want to keep improving, and appreciate the prompt you've provided here on how we can do it.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests/#1154

• gzearfoss
    gzearfoss
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for reaching out, and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I'm not sure of a downside of using a single entry to hold both the log-in information for a credit card site, and the card information to use when processing payments. Having two separate entries for a card seems strange to this newbie to the system. They do work well, just don't understand the need for two.

• Hi @gzearfoss, not a problem! Thanks for your reply.

Generally, we think of these as being two different item types because the login item type is associated with a specific URL, and is auto-filled into web forms that website designers create for that purpose.

The credit card item is (at least from what I've seen) more commonly used for payment information only, and can be used across websites. The fields it fills into on a website also reflect that unique item type (for example, on some websites if you try to type your name into a credit card field, it won't work - it only takes numbers, and it expects a certain number of digits in order for the card number to be accepted as valid). Those type of fields are what 1Password looks for when determining whether to auto-fill a credit card type item from your app.

But with that said, we are always looking into ways to make your sign-ins easier, so we'll be happy to look into this further on your behalf! 👍

This discussion has been closed.