Visible options in the desktop app (8.5 beta)

Options

In earlier versions the desktop app had the option to view things such as "View Item History" and "Show Previously Used Passwords". Now I need to login on my.1password.com to view them. Is it possible to have these options return to de app?

1Password Version: 8.50-103
Extension Version: 2.2.5
OS Version: macOS 12.2

Comments

• Hi @Fresco:

Thanks for your feedback here!

As you mentioned, View Item History is currently available on the 1Password web interface, but not the desktop app. With that in mind however, password history is available within the 1Password 8 desktop app:

Let me know if that helps!

Jack

• Fresco
    Fresco
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your comment. I checked this option, however, I still have password changes that are visible in the web interface, but not in the app. Maybe it is the way I submit changed passwords into the records. Sometimes I use a suggested password, updating the record at the same time. Sometimes I use the password generator. With the latter option I have a habit of copying these passwords in the password field of the app myself instead of saving it with the update option you see as you login to an account. Maybe that is why previous passwords aren't being saved?

• Hi @Fresco:

Thanks for clarifying. Generally the password history should be saved with every edit, so if you're running into a situation where this isn't the case, we might need to take a closer look at the setup on your device. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• Fresco
    Fresco
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID number: [#JNK-51555-983]

• Hi @Fresco:

Thanks for submitting it. We'll take a look in more detail and get back to you over email. Keep an eye out!

Jack

ref: JNK-51555-983

This discussion has been closed.