Desktop not prompting to save new login

Options
srbuwsnyc
srbuwsnyc
Community Member

I'm pretty sure I recall the 7. versions prompting me in Safari to save new logins I created. With 8. that's not happening. Is there a way to toggle this on?

At the same time, I'm finding the 1P prompts to fill existing passwords too intrusive and blocking text on sites. Is there a way to turn those OFF?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: 80500103
OS Version: macOS 12.2

Comments

• Hi @srbuwsnyc:

Great question, and I apologize that we didn't get to you sooner. With 1Password in the browser, you should be prompted to save a Login item after generating a password, like so:

Let me know if this isn't what you're experiencing! Additionally, you can disable the autofill menu from showing automatically when a field is focused. To do this, right click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, choose Settings, then scroll to the Autofill section. Disable "Show autofill menu on field focus" and then the autofill menu will only show if you click the 1Password icon in a field.

Jack

• srbuwsnyc
    srbuwsnyc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @Jack.P_1P , especially for your second note here; didn't know about that setting!

I know the prompt hasn't happened a couple of times, but I'll keep monitoring. Thank you.

• Of course @srbuwsnyc! If it is acting up, be sure to let us know, and we'll be happy to investigate further. :smile:

Jack

This discussion has been closed.