Apple Watch Fails to unlock 1Password 2022

Options
ckoury
ckoury
Community Member
edited January 2022 in Mac

For some time now I've lost the ability to use my Apple Watch (series 5) to unlock any of my devices. That's multiple laptops, desktop, etc... If I continue to click the watch icon on the 1Password login screen eventually I can see that the window to activate the unlock procedure quickly displays and hides. I created a video showing the window quickly shows up and then hides or quits. Seems to be an issue with the feature completely activating. Please let me know what the solution is. I see from other posts that this has been an ongoing issue for some time now.

I can share the video with you if you want me to send it somewhere. Just let me know. I couldn't attach it to the post. I assume you don't allow larger attachments.

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 11.6.2

Comments

• Hello @ckoury! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Apple Watch unlock. Can you clarify if you're able to unlock the device itself? For example, when you lock your Mac (not 1Password) are you able to unlock the Mac using your Apple Watch?

I look forward to hearing from you. :)

• ckoury
    ckoury
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to get it working on my laptop finally. I manually turned on the Lock screen feature on my MacBook Pro and the Apple Watch then automatically unlocked the laptop. Then I launched 1Password and it worked there as well on the laptop. I tried it on my desktop and it didn't work. I saw there was a mention of a Secure Enclave being necessary so I checked to see if the Apple T2 Security Chip was present and it's not on my desktop. I assume that's why it doesn't work on the desktop. I think I'm good for now. Thanks for the follow up.

• Hey @ckoury:

Glad to hear that sorted it out for you! Indeed, if this desktop Mac is an Intel based Mac, but is lacking the T2 chip, as you noticed, Apple Watch unlock will not be available on that computer. Be sure to get in touch if you need anything in the future!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.