Can multiple password fields in an single 1Password item have display history function?

Options

I expected to see and want to see is any field defined as a password to have the feature that you can see its 'history', That is, the past passwords the field used. Think of the scenario where you have one client you work for and you set the 1password entry up as a password but it is in reality is is a series of IDs, urls and PWs: say one to get onto the vpn, others for email, Remote Servers, and applications. Only the first password with a userid has the "show history" function. Am I wrong in some way. Should the entry be created as something other than a login or password? My work flow would be impacted by having separate entries for each ID/PW associated with a single client. If you know a way to achieve my goal please let me know. Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Referrer: forum-search:more than one password

Comments

• Hey @BDROYE:

As it it currently stands, the only password field with password history is the one shown in the overview, as you've noticed. With that in mind, 1Password on the web (my.1Password.com) will let you view the item history of the item in total, allowing you to see changes.

Just as an additional note however, generally speaking we'd recommend each unique item to be a separate item, be them Login items or other types. For example, if you need to VPN into a client's network, and then have a separate set of credentials for authenticating into servers, you would have a VPN Login item, and then a separate username and password for authenticating to a server, you'd have a separate Login item named Server Credentials or similar.

Let me know if that helps, or if you still have concerns!

Jack

• BDROYE
    BDROYE
    Community Member
    Options

I will give that a try, but in one case I have six set of credentials each with vary server/application names and my credentials are all different. Can single items be linked in some way so hunting and pecking is at a minimum.

• Hi @BDROYE:

You can link related items by following the steps here: Link related items in 1Password

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.