Trouble installing v.8 beta

47beideman
47beideman
Community Member

Just moved to FastMail and want to use integrated masked emails. Forum told me it only works in 1P v.8.

So I downloaded the pic and fired up the installer. I get an error message stating something like "could not move to applications".

I've down the complete quit on 1P v.7 [latest] but still no love.

Tips?

Thx,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Trouble installing v.8 beta

Comments

• Hi @47beideman:

Are you using a Mac user account that does not have administrator rights? We're investigating an issue where the 1Password 8 for Mac installer doesn't seem to escalate permissions properly. In the meantime, installing 1Password with a Mac user account that has administrator rights should get you up and running. Let me know how that goes!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#11296

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member

Spot on. Switched to my admin account and I'm fine. 1P-8 looks great.

• Thank you @47beideman, and glad to hear that this is now working for you. We'll be pursuing that issue on our end to ensure that it's no longer an issue in the future. 👍

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member

One more question - different subject. I've encountered a website where login credentials are acting odd. The on web site pop up for 1P works fine and posts name/passcode but the web site doesn't like the password. When the password is copy/pasted, it's fine. To whom should i report this?

• Hi @47beideman, no problem - if you report it (including the specific website, so we can do some testing) to us at support@1Password.com, we can have our extensions team look into this for you - whether it's ultimately something specific to your system that we can help with, or a potential bug or improvement we can work on. I hope this is helpful!

This discussion has been closed.