How is a backup of Vaults possible?

skamarkus
skamarkus
Community Member

hi all,

couldn't find the answer so far on the web / here, so:
We had to upgrade to 1pass8/subscription, as you not getting anywhere w 7 in the future. Understand if they want to change like everybody to a subscription-based ONLY modell, but

• how can I backup the vaults like I used to in the 1pass8 app in the future? currently on mac I'm still on 7, but we have to plan for the future :)

I only read old comments, saying that once somebody of the team deleted a vault, it is gone forever – but not so single items in the vaults.
-> scared me a bit as you never know and then it would be veeeeeeery bad. And weird at the same time if there wouldn't be such a function.

Just exporting the items regularly unencrypted doesn't sound nice / automated.

Please advise :)

cheers,
Markus

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 12.2

Comments

• Hey @skamarkus:

We're looking at targeting two primary export formats, 1PUX, an unencrypted format that's currently available, and 1PEX, an encrypted format that isn't currently available just yet. While I can't provide a timeframe on when we're planning on releasing 1PEX, it is something we're working on. Stay tuned!

Jack

• skamarkus
    skamarkus
    Community Member

Hi Jack,

thx so much for this.

Will there also be a recover-option by the OWNER like if a team member (ADMIN) deletes a vault by accident / on purpose?

so far I have only read about recover single items.

cheers guys,
    m

• Hi @skamarkus:

As it currently stands, a deleted vault is deleted permanently. With that said though, I've added your feedback about deleting vaults being reversible similar to recovering a single item to an internal issue we have on the topic. While I can't promise any changes on that, we use feedback like this to help inform the future of 1Password. Thanks for your input, and be sure to get in touch if you need anything in the future!

Jack

ref: dev/b5/b5#6983

This discussion has been closed.