Default "Lock 1Password" shortcut interferes with Show/Hide Sidebar shortcut in Safari

Options
tangestani
tangestani
Community Member

Installing the 1Password extension in Safari disables the Show/Hide Sidebar keyboard shortcut in Safari. This happens because 1Password uses the same keyboard shortcut (command + shift + L) to Lock 1Password.

Changing the shortcut in the 1Password preferences doesn't fix the issue. In fact, it doesn't even seem to change the Lock Password shortcut to anything else.

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: 2.2.3
OS Version: macOS 12.2

Comments

• Hi @tangestani:

Thanks for letting us know about this. As it currently stands, 1Password for Safari's keyboard shortcuts are fixed and unchangeable. This conflict is something we're aware of, and hope to have smoothed out soon. Keep an eye out for updates!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#9365

• rodrigow
    rodrigow
    Community Member
    Options

Shortcut is still conflicting. Any updates @Jack.P_1P ? Thank you.

• @tangestani Next to @Jack.P_1P's answer, I wanted to address your comment that changing the shortcut to something else doesn't appear to work. In my testing (I changed the shortcut to Shift+Cmd+A as an attempt) it all seems to work as expected. Maybe you've hit on a key combination that doesn't work. Would you be willing to share what you set the shortcut to when you tried to change it?

Thanks,
    Gabriele

This discussion has been closed.