I have a vault with incorrect website listed how to correct it, actully it has 2 websites listed

Options
goatisgreatavb
goatisgreatavb
Community Member
edited February 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

My bank and my credit card vaults are both using the same login website,when I login to my bank I have two Username areas to fill in, only one for my bank works, when I go to my credit card vault to login it takes me to the bank username login, the credit card vault shows two different websites,e.g. https://independentbank.onlinebank.com and https://cw411.checkfreeweb.com I 'm not familiar with this last one, and I would like to delete the credit card vault how to do that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have a vault with incorrect website listed how to correct it, actully it has 2 websites listed

Comments

• VessV
    VessV
    Community Member
    Options

I think I might be understanding your question, but first a terminology thing. By default there is only one vault, called "Personal," and all of your logins for everything are in it. What you want (or at least, what you're trying to have) are two logins (one for your bank account, one for your CC account) that are triggered by the same website. (This would be the same setup as if, say, you and a family member each had a separate account/login on the same website/service.)

When you click the username field, are both logins offered, and you choose which one you want to log in to? If so, it sounds like that part is right.

As a separate issue, it looks like your CC login is triggered by two different websites, and this is probably normal because many of these big corporate websites have multiple layers of systems dealing with your account, and when you log in on one, it automatically passes the info through one or a few of these, until you get to the actual page you're dealing with. Depending on how fast your your browser and internet connection is, you can see your browser flickering through these automatically-loading stages. And if your experience was like mine, the imported logins from the Chrome's built-in password manager automatically captured these, and may have even created separate login items for them.

• Hey @goatisgreatavb:

As @VessV mentioned (thanks for the assist!) there's a few different possibilities here.

One possibility is that you have two separate Login items, like this:

In this example, if I had two separate logins for my Citi checking account and my Citi credit card, and logging into my checking account doesn't show my credit card and vice versa, having two separate Login items would make sense, as I would use one Login item for my checking account, and the other for my credit card.

The other possibility is that your credit card item has two different URLs in it, like so:

In this hypothetical situation, if the only accurate URL for my Citi credit card Login item was citibankonline.com, I would edit the item, and then remove the wrong URL:

Let me know how you get on with that, or if you're still running into trouble!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.