Disable input autofill/suggestion for whole form or input

Options

I'm a web dev and having the autofill suggestion on some inputs in our projects makes no sense... Like on a page to create users etc... Some of our clients complains about this. Is there a tag or something we can put in the HTML to disable 1password input suggestion box and icon on every inputs ? It even show with HTML Datalist so it's a visual mess.

But don't get me wrong 1Password is amazing, it's just this particular auto suggestion on fields that is a problem for our dev.

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Latest
OS Version: MacOS 12.1

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Aimery! Sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this. You can add "autocomplete=off" to the form to make it so that the 1Password inline menu does not automatically appear. However, the 1Password icon would still remain if the field is something that 1Password is supposed to fill. Users have the option to then click on 1Password icon in the field in order to use 1Password to fill it.

Are you seeing the 1Password icon in a field that is not a username or password field? If so, please point us to the form or share the form's code with us. We can take a closer look to see what's going on.

• Aimery
    Aimery
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I tested and still have to autofill that appear. Also my need is to remove the whole 1P icon from the form. It make no sence for our clients web app to have this every time they create users. The icon appear on an email field, and on a text field with the name "addresse" (it's for a street address not an email)

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2022
    Options

Thanks for the update @Aimery. The email and street address fields do contain input that can be saved/filled with 1Password. That's why the 1Password icon would appear there. However, I can see why you would not want the 1Password icon present in those fields, especially when creating a new user. I can certainly leave some feedback about this to our developers.

ref: dev/core/core#4300

Adding "autocomplete=off" does not remove the 1Password icon, but it should keep the inline menu from automatically appearing with suggestions. If that's not working for you, could you share a link to the form or send us a sample of the form's code? We will be happy to review it.

This discussion has been closed.