URL Scheme with Windows App

Options
nate886
nate886
Community Member

I've seen several posts in the forum about the onepassword:// URL scheme. Most (all?) of them reference the Mac and iOS apps though. The documentation I found (https://support.1password.com/integration-mac/) is specifically categorized under Mac.

Is this scheme fully supported in the Windows app? Are there any nuances there?

I've tried to create a shortcut on my desktop to a specific item following the documentation referenced above. The desktop app opens every time, but it doesn't seem to navigate to the item I specified the UUID for. The "Copy Private Link (only for you)" feature does seem to work, but that opens up a browser window for the web app, before offering to open the desktop app.

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• nate886
    nate886
    Community Member
    Options

For what it's worth, I was able find the scheme that the website uses, and that's working with my desktop shortcut.

onepassword://open/i?a=redacted&v=redacted&i=redacted&h=redacted

i = the item UUID
    v = the vault UUID
    h = the URL for my 1Password account, e.g. my_subdomain.1password.com

I assume a might be an account UUID of some sort. Maybe my login since I have a family plan?

In any case, I'm unblocked now, but it would be nice to know if it's intentional that the old(?) or Apple specific(?) scheme isn't supported, and maybe document this new version / explain how to get those values without inspecting source on the webpage.

• Hi @nate886,

We haven't brought over the old 1Password 7 for Mac linking specifics yet, but we could bring them in a future update.

The URL you found is the more generic item-sharing URL.

While you can use this, I just want to let you know that the version you've discovered here isn't the replacement for the Mac / iOS scheme you mentioned.

Unfortunately I don't have much more to share on this at the moment, but will hope to in time. Thank you for the question!

This discussion has been closed.