QR Code Question

Options
TheOnlyDani
TheOnlyDani
Community Member
edited February 2022 in iOS

I want to add my iPhone standalone vault to my Mac’s membership account. It appears there are two ways of doing this. One way is If I open the iPhone app and go to Settings/Accounts and click Add Existing Account, there’s an option to scan my setup code. The second way (I think) is from the app on my Mac I can click Account/Add Another Device. I notice that the QR codes for these two options are different, so what’s the difference between the two options?

On a second note, I see in the Mac App, there are two vaults. One is Personal and one is an empty iPhone vault. Am I correct that once I migrate my iPhone standalone vault to my Mac that all my iPhone data will then appear in the empty iPhone vault on my Mac? Can I then delete the Personal one?

Comments

• Hello @TheOnlyDani! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you ran into some trouble while migrating a standalone vault to your 1Password account. I see that you're already speaking to one of my colleagues over email and I recommend continuing the conversation there. I'm closing this thread to prevent duplication of effort. :)

ref: WIG-61768-596

This discussion has been closed.