Microsoft Teams app browser and 1Password not working

Options

Hello everyone, this question has been answered negatively in previous posts and the discussions closed so I could not ask a further question so I am launching a new one.

WHAT I AM TRYING TO DO - I am using MS Teams (desktop version) and the Website APP to create a "shortcut" called QBO to our financial system (ok. Quickbooks Online) in the Desktop application browser window - it looks integrated into MS Teams and that's great. This should improve the flow of work for everyone especially newbies.

THE PROBLEM - Unfortunately, the convenience of having 1Password detect the site address and then fill in or suggest the correct username/pwd are not present and we have to resort to the Cut&Paste from 1Password mini or from the desktop app which negates the advantage of having the shortcut in the first place. I think I understood that this functionality is linked with the browser extensions not being installed ?

MY ASK - I assume (probably wrongly) that the MS Team browser module is some type of Edge derivative. Is there a way to install the Edge browser extension or modify it for it to work with MS Teams ? There is a boatload of people out there using MS Team and it would be great to be able to integrate the two apps better.

B.T.W. I am on a MAC but this could be valid for Windows as well.

Other thing - I tried the same setup using the MS Teams (browser version) with the hope of maybe it would use the container browser extension - in this case Chrome - the websites don't even load so it looks like this part is a MS issue (or me not configuring it right).

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Cr - 4.7.5.90 Edge-2.2.2
OS Version: 12.2

Comments

• LouisR19
    LouisR19
    Community Member
    Options

• Hey @LouisR19:

As Microsoft Teams doesn't support extensions for the internal browser, we're relatively limited on what we can do here. For now, the best recommendation would be continue to use 1Password mini and copy / paste the username and password as needed. If things change in the future, we can always explore additional options though!

Jack

• LouisR19
    LouisR19
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply

This discussion has been closed.