How do I set login for single host instead of domain?

Options

I have multiple logins where the domain is the same but the host in the login URL is different.

For example:
Login 1 = loginpage1.main-domain.com
Login 2 = loginpage2.main-domain.com

I don't want Login 2 to be suggested when I visit Login 1. There are URL rules in LastPass that allow for this. Can I configure a login so that it strictly adheres to the full FQDN (and port if possible) that is entered in the login details? Please advise.

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: 2.2.3
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I set login for single host instead of domain?

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @ss1pu, thanks for reaching out about this. At this time, 1Password only suggests items based on the root domain. One of our extension developers shared the reason for this limitation in our forum from here.

That said, I can see the value of wanting 1Password to suggest exact matches based on the subdomain or host. While I can't say for sure when or if this will be available, I can forward your request for this feature with the appropriate team so they can take it into consideration.

If you have any other questions or if there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know! In the meantime, thank you for your support.

• ss1pu
    ss1pu
    Community Member
    Options

I see. The "user confusion" bit is a little strange to me. If the default setting is to use the root domain and strict FQDN setting is something that would need to be turned on by more advanced users, how would anyone who doesn't use it get confused? I am not asking to change the default behavior of the tool. I just want the option when I need to use it.

This is a deal breaker for me. I think I will try another solution.

This discussion has been closed.