[MAC] Crashes after downloading latest nightly before installing

Options

Currently running yesterday's 80500128 NIGHTLY release, but when I try to update it goes through the motions of downloading the update, at the end of the download, instead of asking to restart, it just say's "You're up to date!" but I get a 1Password quit unexpectedly dialog, even though the main 1Password app is still running.

1Password Version: 8.5.0 (80500128)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

The next NIGHTLY release did the same so I re-installed the last BETA and then updated from that to the latest NIGHTLY and that worked ok.

I'm now on the 80600003 NIGHTLY release.

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

Hmmm... Just tried updating from 8.6.0 (80600003) and it's still crashing at the point it normally offers to restart.

The main app window stays open after the crash, but I get the "1Password quit unexpectedly" dialog with console log. Partial extract below:

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000020
    Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
    Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
    Terminating Process:   exc handler [47202]

VM Regions Near 0x20:
    --> 
        __TEXT                 0000000108b49000-0000000108b4b000 [    8K] r-x/r-x SM=COW  /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password

Application Specific Information:
    crashed on child side of fork pre-exec

Thread 0 Crashed:
    0   libsystem_malloc.dylib          0x00007fff73406e41 nanov2_forked_calloc + 7

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

It just crashed again, whilst not actively using the application, or manually checking for an update. I guess it occurred when it attempted an automatic update....?

• Hi @snozdop,

Thanks for all the messages and testing out 1Password 8 on your Mac. I'm sorry you are having trouble updating recently. With the amount of information included it is hard to tell what is going on, it would be great if you could send us the full crash reports you are seeing as well a diagnostics report from 1Password.

Here is how to get the diagnostics report:
    1. Open 1Password 8.
    2. Click 1Password in the menu bar.
    3. Click Preferences.
    4. Click Advanced in the new window that appears.
    5. Click Send Diagnostics.
    6. Click Reveal.
    7. Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com. Also please include the full crash report from 1Password 8.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Thanks, I've done that, and here's the Support ID number: [#QRY-84867-646]

• hristo
    hristo
    Community Member
    Options

The same thing is happening to me.

• hristo
    hristo
    Community Member
    Options

My support id is: [#HBB-32444-297]

• @hristo

Thank you I have your report. I'll get this to the developers for review.

ref: HBB-32444-297

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

I've just tried to use the built-in updater again to update from the 80600028 NIGHTLY to today's release (80600030), but it still crashes after downloading the update.

Although I was told changes have been made recently, the last few nighties haven't fixed it for me unfortunately.

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

Today I was able to update from the 80600041 Nightly to the 80600045 Nightly just using the built-in updater, without any crashes - so looks like this issue is fixed now.

• Thanks @snozdop. We have a good handle on the issue, and are putting some finishing touches on it. As it stands, the browser integration may be broken. Once it's fixed, you should see browser integration working again on the following time you update.

This discussion has been closed.