Android app hangs after scanning the setup kit QR code on Calyx OS device. How to debug/fix this?

Options
nazavo
nazavo
Community Member

I've set up 1Password on my brand new CalyxOS installation through Aurora Store. The app launches as expected an successfully scans the setup kit QR code. The problem starts after entering the master password - the app hangs with a spinner and shows "please wait while 1Password configures your account" when trying to navigate elsewhere.

Is this a known problem? How would I debug this issue or solve it all together if there's a known solution?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android CalyxOS
Referrer: forum-search:calyxos

Comments

• Hi @nazavo. Can you verify that the Google Play Services app is up to date on your device? A few people have reported a similar issue being related to Google Play Services. Let me know!

• GenericChannel_2
    GenericChannel_2
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hey @nazavo @peri turns out MicroG (which CalyxOS uses) does not support u2f/fido/webauth [0], so you won't be able to use a security key to sign in to anything. 1password has the "feature" of not being able to change 2fa methods at sign-in on the app, so when you sign in, the app defaults to the security key as a 2fa method and because of this, tries to use code that simply does not exist in/is not supported by microG. The way I got around this was by disabling the security key on my account from another device and using a time-based code to sign into my CalyxOS phone, then re-enabling the security key later on.

Hope I could help!

[0] https://github.com/microg/GmsCore/issues/849

• nazavo
    nazavo
    Community Member
    Options

Hey-hey @GenericChannel_2! Thanks for the answer and you seem to be spot on with the issue!
    I was able to sign into my account by removing all the security keys in my web client (this option wasn't available on the desktop client) and enabling totp auth temporarily.

@peri would be cool if 1Password team made the current error message slightly more informative or did check for 2fa support in the underlying Google Play Service / MicroG layer.

Thanks for the help!

• Thanks for the update, @nazavo. I'm glad GenericChannel_2 was able to help out! And we'll pass your feedback along to our development team.

This discussion has been closed.