Printout a list from Android iPhone

Options
CharlesLewis
CharlesLewis
Community Member

I need to print out a list of my passwords to save for my wife in case of my death. She's not tech savvy so showing her how to use the app probably won't help. I need to print this from my Android phone. I've see suggestions for I iPhone and Apple computer, but that's not what I need.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @CharlesLewis,

I'm afraid we don't offer a print function on Android. Even if we did, I would strongly encourage you to consider a different solution here. The data in 1Password tends to be fairly dynamic, which would mean a lot of printing to keep printed copies up to date. Environmental concerns of that aside, you'd be eliminating most of the security and convenience factors of using 1Password by doing so.

Instead what I would recommend is printing a copy of your Emergency Kit, writing in your account password, and sharing that with your wife. This document would only have to be reprinted if your credentials for 1Password itself are changed, and is a single page. In the event your wife needs access she could sign into the 1Password web app using the information contained on the document. She wouldn't need to be a 1Password expert to do so: all of the information necessary to log in and view the information saved in your account is on the document. Additionally we'd be happy to help her in such an event if she has any trouble. She'd be free to write to us at support@1password.com and we can walk her through it. You could write that email address on the Emergency Kit document as well, if it would be helpful.

Please let me know what you think.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.