New beta update is now available

Options

Today’s beta brings some sweet updates and customizations that will put similes on quite a few faces. 🙂

You can now update your sidebar to include Categories as well as hide tags. 🙌

You can customize your sidebar from the Appearance tab within Preferences/Settings. While you’re in there be sure to stop by the General tab as well to see the new menu bar/system tray icon setting.

This setting let's you choose what happens when the 1Password icon is clicked so you can skip the menu and open Quick Access or 1Password immediately. If you ever need access to any of the other options, Command/Ctrl clicking on the icon will always show the menu.

Two-factor authentication secrets can be added to logins directly from their Watchtower notification banners. You can also scan QR codes directly from websites in your browser.

You can find a full set of changes in our release notes for macOS , Windows , and Linux. Or, select the What’s New item from the feedback menu within the app.

As always, thank you so much for participating in the early access release and helping us to improve 1Password. We couldn't have gotten this far without you and the releases are so much better as a direct result of you. Thank you! 🙏🏻🤗

++dave;
1Password Founder

Comments

• the new menu bar/system tray icon setting.

:love: :love: :love:

• mikesilva
    mikesilva
    Community Member
    Options

Since installing this beta, 1Password in Safari is not loading. :-(

I'm mid process on something, and haven't been able to see if a reboot helps. But, simply restarting Safari doesn't. The extension simply doesn't show up in the list of those available in Safari's preferences.

I have the latest Safari in the Browser installed from the Mac App Store, version 2.2.3.

• RickiKing
    RickiKing
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for bringing back the categories to the sidebar. I really appreciate that. 🙏🏻🤗

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

Much, much welcome additions as far as I am concerned!!

Corentin

• wdl0355
    wdl0355
    Community Member
    Options

Love being able to display categories in the sidebar. Many thanks. Also, in an earlier comment, I indicated that I was unsure about the new icons in 1Password, but after using it for awhile, I've become rather fond of them, so you can ignore my earlier comment.

• Hey folks, glad to hear you all are liking it so much!

It looks like we got you sorted out elsewhere @mikesilva, but be sure to get in touch if you run into any issues in the future!

Jack

• markrallison90
    markrallison90
    Community Member
    Options

Does anyone else think that the Categories icons look really washed out because of the negative space and gray background? I find them to be very muddled looking and it requires a lot of mental concentration/focus when looking at them to actually determine what they represent.

• roachiam
    roachiam
    Community Member
    Options

Hey team, was wondering if we could get the option to only show some vaults. Right now when logged in all your vaults are shown. Would be great if just like the web extension, you could decide which vaults you want.

• Ben
    Options

@markrallison90

Yes, good point. I know that is a point our design team picked up on and are discussing as well. Thanks for catching it!

Ben

• Ben
    Options

@roachiam

Absolutely. We have a new feature in 1Password 8 that makes this even more granular than what the browser extension currently offers. You can read about it here:

Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

I hope that helps!

Ben

• roachiam
    roachiam
    Community Member
    Options

Dang! Spot on @Ben 🙌🏽

• Ben
    Options

❤️

Ben

• geoffreys
    geoffreys
    Community Member
    Options

Bummer... The 1Password Safari Extension is not loading since updating to 1Password for Mac 8.6.0, 80600026, on BETA channel. The 1Password for Safari app does absolutely nothing.

Mac OS Monterey 12.2.1

• RickiKing
    RickiKing
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

I had a similar issue. Try THIS ;-)

• geoffreys
    geoffreys
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks, Ricki. I finally came across that solution 5 minutes after posting the original message. It absolutely resolved the issue.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update folks. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.