Password per vault?

Options
stever27
stever27
Community Member

I have a 1password 7 account with two Macs. I have 2 vaults- mine and wifey. Can we have different passwords for each of our computers/vaults? She does not want to remember my long password, and wants her own for her use on her Mac and phone.
thanks

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 12.x

Comments

• Hi @stever27:

Great question! A 1Password individual account has a single account password to unlock across all devices. If you would like to have separate account passwords, but still be able to share items like alarm codes, or a shared Netflix account, a 1Password family account might make things a bit easier here. With a family account, you'll have your own account password and Secret Key, and your wife will have her own account password and Secret Key. About 1Password Families

Additionally, I see you've reached out to us over email as well for some help, so we'll get back to you there. Keep an eye out for our reply!

Jack

ref: JZK-27872-654

• stever27
    stever27
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion. What is the cost for family account? Is it a subscription? I do not like the idea of having to pay every month for something I bought one time, but perhaps that is the only way

• Ben
    Options

Indeed; 1Password is a subscription service. 1Password Families is $4.99/mo ($59.88/yr) plus any applicable taxes, when you pay annually. As of writing, you can save $20 for the first year using this promotion:

Keep your heart and your passwords safe with 1Password Families

Ben

This discussion has been closed.