Attaching file via browser

Options

How can I attach a file via browser (in current case to SERVER)? If I run the iOS or Android app, it is possible to select and attach files.

Extension 2.2.3/Chrome; Windows 10 x64

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.2.3
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @CologneGuy! To provide the best and most accurate info, I'll need to ask a few questions:

• Are you trying to add an attachment to a document item?
    • If not, what kind of item are you trying to do that with?
    • Is it for an existing item or a brand new one?
    • Do you have the 1Password app installed on your computer and if so, is it set up to integrate with the 1Password extension?

To check if the app and extension are connected, please right-click on the extension icon in your browser, click Settings, go to General, and check if "Integrate with 1Password app" is on. Please let us know about this and the other questions above. Hope to hear from you again soon!

• CologneGuy
    CologneGuy
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hello @Joy_1P,

I try to attach a file via browser on a brand new created item but it is also valid for existing items.

On iOS, Android and Window app I can attach a file. Here are some screen grabs:
    iOS:

Android:

In Chrome it will be shown that the attached file is an invalid item:

It is also not possible to attach files via browser:

In general, the apps are inconsistent w/r to other issues as well. A few examples: Icons of an item can be edited in browser and Window app but not in Android and iOS app.
    Example 2: I have items with customized icons added in browser. In iOS app and browser these icons will be shown correctly but not in Android app.
    Example 3: Duplication of items is easy to manage in browser but in iOS and Android app an item must be copied into a different safe, renamed there and moved back afterwards.

These examples and my query above show that the handling of your apps is very inconsistent. Maybe I have wrong settings, in such case I would appreciate your support what to set that it works properly.

P.S.: Please make the images scalable.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the screenshots @CologneGuy. I'm afraid there is not a way to attach files to login items from your account at 1Password.com as of yet. However, it is possible to create a document item and attach a file there. The issue is that multiple attachments for one document item cannot be viewed or downloaded via 1Password.com, only via the extension or the app. Our developers are aware of the limitations, and we do have a ticket open about it. I can add your comments here to that ticket. Hopefully our developers can add have a fix for this in the future. For now, it's best attach files and view them via the app.

As for the other issues you mentioned, I've also shared feedback about them to our developers. I do want to note though that it does seem possible to copy items from the 1Password app on iOS to another vault with just a few steps: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-ios/#move-and-copy-items

Let me know if you have any other questions.

ref: dev/b5/b5#14132
    ref: android-380
    ref: android-670

This discussion has been closed.