1Password 8 and local vault

amiturgman
amiturgman
Community Member

Hi,

I'm using a local vault stored on my disk (backed up by dropbox) with 1password 7.
I can't find an option to use this vault in 1Password 8. Is this intentional?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @amiturgman !

1Password 8 is not supporting local vaults anymore! If you want to stay with your local vault you should stay with version 7.

• amiturgman
    amiturgman
    Community Member

Thanks Denal!

Why is that!? This is the only reason I'm using 1Password. It allows me to keep documents/attachments in every item very easily whereas the web version doesn't allow. That's pity.

Are you at least going to make the web version or version 8 easier to store attachment? As far as I remember it created a separate item for each attachment with a reference to the original item and it looked terrible... difficult to manage and track...

Is there any chance you consider supporting local storage? I hate to stop using the product, I really love it... but the version with no local storage will make me look for alternatives...

• Hi @amiturgman:

As @DenalB mentioned (thanks for the assist! :sunglasses:), 1Password 8 does not support standalone vaults, only a 1Password membership. With that said however, we've recently improved the state of play here, and 1Password accounts can now attach files directly to an item, rather than creating a separate Document item type:

Let me know if that's what you're looking for!

Jack

• amiturgman
    amiturgman
    Community Member

Hi Jack, thanks!
    I have the 1Password membership I just kept using the local storage vaults.
    I just tried the attachments in the web version, and it does seem better than what I remembered from like a year ago...

I can see the files in the desktop (windows) app, and on the mobile (iPhone) app, but when looking at the web it shows this although I added a jpg and a pdf files.

• Hi @amiturgman:

File attachments haven't made it to our web interface just yet, but it is something we're aware of and hope to have smoothed out in the future. I've added your feedback to the internal issue we have for this. In the meantime, they should be accessible in the 1Password apps on your devices.

Jack

ref: dev/b5/b5#14132

This discussion has been closed.