Main Password stay alive

Options
Phrede
Phrede
Community Member

Is there any way to keep the app up or store the password? I am having to key in the Main Password 50 times a day. Basically every time I need a login password. Using Android 12.

Most times the autofill does not work either and I have to manually open the app, search the login then copy and paste the password. There has to be a better way.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Phrede thanks for reaching out to us! There are a few options to change if you find you're entering your account password frequently:
    1. If available on your device, you can set Biometric unlock on from Settings > Security. With Biometric unlock on, you can use your fingerprint in place of your account password in most situations.
    2. You can set a PIN and turn Lock on exit on from Settings > Security. With these settings you can unlock 1Password with your account password and leave it running in the background. As long as 1Password is not closed you can use your PIN to open the app or Autofill prompts.
    3. Turn Lock on exit off and select a time period for Automatically lock from Settings > Security. With these settings you can unlock 1Password with your account password and leave it running in the background. As long as 1Password is not closed you can open the app and Autofill prompts without your account password until the auto lock period ends.

With Autofill, a good first step is to reset your Autofill settings. Close the app or browser where you want to fill. Unlock 1Password, tap Settings > Autofill, turn Autofill and Accessibility off and then on again.

• Phrede
    Phrede
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. In my case the app is being closed automatically when not active.

Lock on exit off or a long time period (never) appear to not be effective thru app closure.

Biometric ID is available, but not used because of security concerns when away from home. At home security is addressed other ways.

Thanks again, I'll look into alternative methods so the app remembers me while in a secure environment.

• Hi @Phrede,

Lock on exit only works when the app is still open in the background (similar to PIN unlock), not when the app is closed.

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!
    Preet

• Phrede
    Phrede
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I have found a solution. I have learned of a way to lock the app open. Really pretty simple, I was just unaware before. The password is now only needed on a phone reboot.

• Hi @Phrede. Thanks for the update. I'm glad you found a solution that works well for you!

• FrankBreech
    FrankBreech
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Here's how to keep 1PW open/alive (at least on Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra running Android 12)(should work for all Android I believe).
    Click on the vertical hamburger button at bottom left of most devices | | |, then...

• @FrankBreech thanks for including the screenshots. That option is not universally available but may come in handy for those who have it!

This discussion has been closed.