Unlock via Quick Access Shortcut

Options

With the old 1password mini, invoking mini when locked would very nicely pop up a small window for me to unlock 1password. When I try to do the same using the Quick Access keyboard shortcut, absolutely nothing happens. I have to go open the 1password app, unlock it, navigate back to whatever window I was in and invoke the quick access again.

Additionally, it doesn't seem the context of the currently focused app is passed to Quick Access. Previously (for example) if I invoked mini from iTerm2 on my Mac, I would get suggestions for items that were tagged with that app in 1Password.

Is there any intention of adding that functionality to Quick Access?

1Password Version: Build 80600006
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS latest

Comments

• Hey @rossurban:

We're always trying to make 1Password a smoother experience, and 1Password definitely should be definitely be prompting for an unlock when you press the Quick Access shortcut. Does this happen every time, or are there a certain set of steps that causes this to occur?

As for Quick Access not detecting iTerm 2, at this point in time, Quick Access does not match against app:// URLs that were configured in 1Password 7. With that in mind however, I definitely know this is something that would be useful, and I've added your feedback here to a feature request we have on the topic.

Let me know, and I can dig into it further with you!

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-258

• rossurban
    rossurban
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Thanks @Jack.P_1P

I'm on MacOS and I use the fullscreen spaces quite a bit. I do get an unlock prompt when my screen is focused on the main desktop (I hadn't tried this before), but when I try to invoke Quick Access when focused on a space, nothing happens.

• rossurban
    rossurban
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Jack.P_1P

I'm on MacOS and I use the fullscreen spaces quite a bit. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204100

Now that I know it should work, I've tested it and noticed the following:

1. When invoking from the main desktop, it seems to always work as intended.
    2. When invoking from a full-screen space, it seems to sometimes work as intended.

I've not been able to figure out what is special about the times it doesn't work, but I'll keep tinkering with it. I'm on the latest MacOS release and 1PW beta, and I use dual external monitors in case that helps.

This discussion has been closed.