Error: unable to complete installation and will roll back any changes

Options
dmaustin
dmaustin
Community Member

Windows 11 machine.
Moving from a personal account to a member of a family account.
Personal account has been installed and working fine for 6 months.
Accepted email invite for new family member account.
Tried to add Chrome extension but icon would not show.
Deleted extension and program on computer "Add/Remove, Apps & Feature" successfully.
Downloaded 1PasswordSetup-latest.exe from family account web interface.
Run as Administrator and get error message:
"1Password was unable to complete installation and will roll back any changes"
Rebooted and retry - same error
Re-downloaded and retry - same error
AV software console (Crowdstrike/Falcon) does not report any detection so ruled that out.
I believe this is somehow related to having a personal account previously installed and so the reinstall is crashing.
Installation log shows (last line):
Error: The system cannot find the file specified. (os error 2)
[2022-02-09 18:29:00.942031 -05:00] ERROR [op_windows_starter::installer] op-windows-starter\src\installer.rs:156: failed to move app files. Error: Io(PermissionDenied)
Sent an email to support yesterday but no response so far.
I'm stumped.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @dmaustin , thanks for contacting us. We did receive your message, and I sent a reply to the email you listed as your point of contact. I'm sorry if my response hasn't reached you!

This is the kind of thing where we'll need to discuss specifics of your system and setup, so email correspondence will be the way to go. Again, if you can check that email and let me know if you received the message, we'll be happy to take it from there. We want to get you back up and running as soon as possible!

• dmaustin
    dmaustin
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hi PeterG,
    Thanks for the reply.
    So I have searched and cannot find any email since I submitted the support ticket yesterday, including checking junk folders.
    Maybe I keyed in in with a typo?
    I look forward to working with you on this as I'm stumped.
    My email address is daustin@ellenbrotmanlaw.com
    Thanks,
    Dan

• Hi @dmaustin, we're happy to follow up and get this sorted for you. 👍

I'll email you at the above address and get things going!

• dmaustin
    dmaustin
    Community Member
    Options

Hi PeterG,
    Good news.
    Even though the Crowdstrike Falcon console was not reporting any detection during install of 1Password, on I hunch, I uninstalled the sensor and 1Password installed properly. So I'm all set and we can close this ticket.
    Thanks and I'm looking forward to becoming a 1Password user!
    BTW I'm a 16+ year Roboform user!
    Dan

• HI @dmaustin thanks for this update, and it's great to hear that 1Password is now working properly for you (good sleuthing on your part, too!).

As always, we're here if there's anything further we can do or any questions you'd like answered. Welcome to 1Password - we're so happy you've joined us! 🥳

This discussion has been closed.