nateneff
nateneff
Community Member

Hello,

I was very pleased to see that 1Password has a native Linux client. I do
not use the 1Password plugins for browsers (call me paranoid) therefore
I really like the feature of the OSX native client that clears the password
from the clipboard after 2 seconds.

However, the Linux client has a setting "Remove copied information and authentication
codes after 90 seconds". I would like to request a configurable amount of time for this
feature on the Linux client. To me, 90 seconds is much too long to keep a password
on the clipboard.

Thanks,
--Nate

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey Nate! While we do have an open feature request for this, in the meantime, this can be set manually, but involves a bit of manual text-editing.

If you're okay with that workaround, you can edit the settings.json file at C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\1Password\settings and add the following line: "security.clipboard.clearAfter": #, where # is the number of seconds until the clipboard is cleared. Here's an example:

"security.clipboard.clearAfter": 30

ref: /dev/projects/customer-feature-requests/#235

• coalition
    coalition
    Community Member

That's pretty easy to forget. Is there an ETA for this feature @Blake? Other password managers like Bitwarden have this already.

• Hi @coalition, we don't have any news to share on this one yet. But if we do at some point, we'll be sure to make note of it here in the forums, as well as at https://releases.1password.com/. And we'll keep improvements coming across the board. 👍

This discussion has been closed.