Auto saved web details?

klepp0906
klepp0906
Community Member

So when I first began using 1Password I enabled the ability to see this info. I’d always purge it as it seemed like extra clutter and didn’t realize what it was used for.

Now I do lol. Curious if there’s a way to repopulate this short or completely deleting a log in and re signing up for said login?

Moreso is there a way to find which ones I molested and which I did not.

I assume the answers are likely no and no but I have to ask. Finally disabled that option on my devices which support displaying it anyhow :p

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @klepp0906, thanks for this question!

Can you tell me a little more about what the auto-saved "web details" consisted of? Might it be the URL for a website, and that kind of thing?

Typically, when you use 1Password in your browser, there are a couple things that get saved into a login item all at once:

1. The username
    2. The password
    3. The URL or web address of the website
    4. And typically it populates a custom icon for that website too

The first three items together - username, password, web address - are what allows 1Password to seamlessly log you into the website in the future. I hope that's helpful.

We'll be happy to talk more about item editing and history, but I just want to make sure I understand your question thoroughly before we go further.

Thanks again - we'll look forward to hearing from you!

• klepp0906
    klepp0906
    Community Member

no no, it wasnt the "essential" type items that i'm referring to. i know how to edit username/pass/url etc.

i had checked the setting under settings > advanced (on the windows client) that was called "show auto-saved web details" which appeared to display almost anything you entered at the time of generating the login.

sometimes it would show my timezone, sometimes my birthdate, all depending on what i was filling out when i had generated the login. after some research it appears these things are hidden because theyre used by 1Password to more accurately be able to fill out forms on the websites in question.

i was trying to keep things clean and not knowing what they were for, anytime they popped up along with my username/pass as i was saving a login, I would delete them before committing to the save.

if i came across an old login that had them i'd edit and remove them as well.

i realize now this was probably a mistake and i never should have exposed them and it never would have bothered me or piqued my interest enough to start purging them lol.

This discussion has been closed.