[Feature Request] Adding a "Broken Websites" Category to Watchtower

Options

I love the Watchtower feature to clean up and improve my passwords. However, I want to suggest adding a "Broken Websites" category. Sometimes you just have too many passwords and this feature would help me find old accounts to delete or archive.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Adding a "Broken Websites" Category to Watchtower

Comments

• Hi @PixelSushiRobot, thanks for the suggestion! This is an interesting possibility.

Can you share a little more about what you might consider a "broken" website? For example, what kind of things would you want the app to look for - basically, websites that no longer exist, or no longer resolve the URL you have saved in 1Password?

We'll look forward to hearing from you. 😃 And with a little more detail, I'd be happy to pass this on to our developers. Thanks again for the intriguing idea!

• PixelSushiRobot
    PixelSushiRobot
    Community Member
    Options

Unresolved URLs would be the first pass. Websites that don’t exist would be even better but that’s a bit hard to tell. If a website goes to a domain reseller, can 1Password figure out it’s not a real website?

• roustem
    edited February 2022
    Options

Interesting suggestion, I like the idea! We'll need to think how it could be done efficiently.

It reminds me that we had website previews at some point in version 3! It was a pretty cool feature where the app would connect to every website and take a screenshot of it:

--

We found quite a few edge cases after releasing this feature :) For example, some people were working on Starbucks Wi-Fi and the app would open too many connections and use all the bandwidth. It certainly shouldn't be a problem in this case but here we'll probably need a time interval to rescan the URLs.

This discussion has been closed.