Bulk Edit - especially after import

Options
nerualc
nerualc
Community Member

I just imported from LastPass, 1800+ items

However I wanted to organise, so I search for Asda for augments sake, I get 5 logins.

I now want to add all of these to Food Shopping Tag, there is no way of doing this apart from editing each one, which is painful in the browser with no right mouse click. I then have to a manually add the tag to each one.

Surely the option to mass select to add/remove tags or go into a tag and search and mass add should be an option?

The vault front end feels like development stopped a long time ago.

Am I missing something obvious?

Darren

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@nerualc I always use the desktop app for those operations that benefit from being able select multiple items and right-click.

• nerualc
    nerualc
    Community Member
    Options

@rootzero that was my first goto but it still doesn't allow editing of tags which makes no sense

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@nerualc Sorry that didn't work. I'm using 1Password 7 and get the option to edit tags for multiple items. I'm guessing you're on 1Password 8 and this is one of the issues they're still working on.

• Hi @nerualc:

While right click to add tags isn't in 1Password 8 just yet, you should be able to search, and if the tag already exists, select all the items and drag them onto the existing tag in the sidebar, to add that tag to all of them in one go. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• nerualc
    nerualc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jack.P_1P

I tried that but it would not allow any dragging at all.

Darren

• Hey @nerualc:

I'm sorry you ran into trouble here. Just to confirm, clicking and dragging from the item list here onto the tag didn't work for you?

Let me know!

Jack

• nerualc
    nerualc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jack, no this doesn't work on a filtered list.

• Hi @nerualc:

Thanks for following up, and I apologize for the trouble you're running into here. This is something that we're aware of, and hope to have smoothed out soon. Please keep an eye out for future updates to 1Password 8 as we improve the state of play when dragging items from the list to an existing tag.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#7588

This discussion has been closed.