Suggestion: When Clicking 1Password Icon In Menu Bar, Toggle (Hide) Main Window On 2nd Click, Etc.

Options
nimvio
nimvio
Community Member

Thank you for the new feature in the Early Access, which lets you choose what action occurs when you click the 1Password icon in the menu bar--either show main window, or show Quick Access. However, when you have it set to show main window, clicking the icon again doesn't hide the Main Window, like it does with Quick Access. In other words, I'd like it to toggle the Main Window when clicking the icon in the menu bar, so if the main window is showing, [clicking on the icon] hides it, and when the main window is hidden, [clicking on the icon] opens it.

1Password Version: 8.6.x
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.2.x

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

+1 vote from me! Nice feature. :+1:

• Hey @DenalB / @nimvio:

I've brought up your thoughts internally, thanks for letting us know! 😀

Jack

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @Jack.P_1P , @DenalB

• We always appreciate the inspiration, @nimvio! Thanks for this.

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member
    Options

@PeterG_1P , as far as I can tell, it now works. Meaning, issue is resolved right now. Thanks!

• volts
    volts
    Community Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

This feature is nifty!

The Preferences menu for it is really wonky though - the selection is removed from the pull-down.

The active item here is Show a menu, but that's been removed from the pull-down:

This is different from every other menu on the system.

Compare with Appearance -> Theme. The selected item is 1) still in the menu and 2) hi-lighted with a checkmark:

• rob
    Options

Good catch, @volts. It looks from the code like that was an intentional choice, but I'm not sure why we went with that approach there. I agree it's odd, and to me it's also a bit disorienting to have the menu change as the selection changes.

I've brought it up with the team. Thanks!

ref: dev/core/core#13533

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member
    Options

Good catch, @volts !

• rob
    Options

I've submitted a fix for this, so it should be fixed in the next beta release. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.