1PW8 browser extension and Collections

Options

Why can't I select the same Collections in my browser extension as in Quick Access? It would make a lot more sense if these were synced..

1Password Version: 80600017
Extension Version: 2.2.3 in Safari 2.3.0 in Brave
OS Version: 12.3 beta

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Also stumbled about this. Would be great if I could select the collection in the browser extension, too.

Also, the selection in the extension is switching back to "All Accounts" when restarting the browser. I have to select my favorite vault to work with in the browser for "All Accounts" in the settings. Please investigate here. :)

• dgbeecher
    dgbeecher
    Community Member
    Options

Yes please, to both the requests above.

I'm very confused by the collections and vaults shown in 1Password for Safari. What even are they -- collections or vaults? One bears the name of my entire 1Password account. The other is named "All Accounts" -- which is not the name of any of my collections or vaults. Oddly, when searching "All Accounts", certain accounts are not shown, so it's hard to know what "All Accounts" actually means. Seems that I have to search the other collection/vault (with the name of my 1Password account) to actually search all my accounts.

Would be preferable if collections/vaults in 1Password for Safari mirrored those in 1Password itself. And if I could switch between them using the same keyboard shortcuts. As was the case with 1Password Mini (which I miss more and more).

• Hey @krusnof / @DenalB / @dgbeecher:

Collections haven't been implemented just yet in 1Password in the browser, but is something we're taking a look at. I've added the three of you to issue we have on the subject. Thanks for all your feedback as we work to make 1Password the best it can be! 😄

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#6045

• balupton
    balupton
    Community Member
    Options

If collections doesn't make it to the browser, then at least sync between browsers the "all vaults" enable/disable preferences.

• Hey @balupton:

Thanks for your feedback on this. While I can't promise anything, we use feedback like yours to inform the future of 1Password!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.