Bug: when switching collections, active vaults do not update in sidebar

Options

I have three collections, each with a subset of vaults. The great majority of the time, when switching between collections, the relevant vaults shown in the sidebar do not update to reflect the collection I switched to. For example, when switching from my 1Password account (which shows all vaults) to collection A (which includes only vaults 2 and 3), the list of vaults in the sidebar shows all vaults, rather than just 2 and 3. This happens always if I switch using keyboard shortcuts, and also if I switch too quickly using the mouse, and also if I switch directly from one collection to another. The only time I can get 1Password to show the correct vaults in the sidebar is if I switch, slowly and deliberately and using the mouse, from my account, to a collection, then back to my account, then to a different collection.

Notably, the actual items shown seems to be correct, ie accurate for the collection selected. With the example above, when collection A is selected, a search will not reveal items from vault 1 (which is not part of collection A), even though vault 1 is shown in the sidebar when collection A is selected.

Still, this is worth fixing. The current behavior is contributing to my confusion/frustration in trying to figure out how collections and vaults work.

1Password Version: 8.6.0
Extension Version: 2.2.3
OS Version: macOS 12.2.1

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

I also stumbled about this issue. When switching between collections many times, the items in the sidebar stay the same as the former selected collection. Switching again fixes this or not. Sometimes you have to switch more than once.

Maybe this could be fixed in the next beta. Actually, I'm on 1Password for Windows 8.6.0-6.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like this is fixed in today's beta build 8.6.0-26. πŸ‘

Thanks! 😊

• Thank you @denalb!

@dgbeecher, is this fixed for you as well in the latest Beta? πŸ‘€

• dgbeecher
    dgbeecher
    Community Member
    Options

Indeed it is, thanks for the quick fix, and thanks for checking in, @PeterG_1P !

• Awesome @dgbeecher. Thanks for the confirmation! πŸ˜„

This discussion has been closed.