1Password browser extension not auto filling for some websites in Chrome

Options

I use a few websites which no longer work with 1Passwords's auto-fill in Chrome.

Most (all?) other websites seem to work fine. The above two websites do work when using the 1Password extension in Firefox (using the same credentials).
Notably:
[Chrome] After loading the page the 1Password "autofill" icon is not rendered into the textbox.
[Chrome] Clicking the 1Password extension and selecting "Autofill" has no effect.

I've uninstalled and updated to the latest version of the 1Password extension from https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-–-password-mana/aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa

1Password Version: 7.9.828
Extension Version: 2.2.3
OS Version: Windows 10 v10.0.19043 Build 19043

Comments

• Ultranaut
    Ultranaut
    Community Member
    Options

Edit: I've tested this across multiple Chrome profiles on the same machine - no luck. However in testing on a different Chrome install on a different machine I found the auto-fill worked fine. Same versions of Chrome 98.0.4758.102.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ultranaut, sorry for the delay in replying. I tested out both sites in Chrome, and I was able to fill my test logins without any issues. Since filling also works for you via Chrome on another computer, I'm wondering if there's a specific issue with the extension or your browser on the first computer you wrote in about. When you created a new profile in Chrome on that machine, did you make sure to add only the 1Password extension and no others?

Additionally, are you able to click into the sign-in fields on those sites and take a screenshot for us? It's strange that the 1Password icon does not show up. I'l like to get eyes on this, as I cannot replicate on my end.

• Ultranaut
    Ultranaut
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Thanks for the response!

A screencap of the latest 1Password extension installed in a fresh Chrome profile, on the AWS login page with the username box focused:

I've also updated the 1Password desktop app to the latest 8.x (was previously running 7.x), but no apparent difference.
    If I click on the 1Password extension icon it correctly picks the list of AWS accounts I have in the database. Clicking "autofill" does not work though.

Here's the addons installed in this profile (I believe these are the defaults included with Chrome):

If there are debug logs I can locate or enable which will be useful, let me know.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Ultranaut thanks for trying that out. There is a known issue with filling if IAM User is selected on the AWS site. I'll add your post to the internal ticket that our developers have for this. Hopefully there will be a fix for it in the future.

As a workaround, are you able to fill in your login at the link https://xxxx.signin.aws.amazon.com/console (replace xxxx with the account ID)? That's something other users were able to use. Let us know if that works for you!

• Ultranaut
    Ultranaut
    Community Member
    Options

I've tried loading https://xxxx.signin.aws.amazon.com/console and no joy - it redirects me to https://signin.aws.amazon.com/oauth and I see the same behavior.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ultranaut Thanks for letting me know. I'll share that with our developers. For now, I would recommend copying/pasting or clicking/dragging your credentials from the extension or the app to the site (if you're using Chrome). I also recommend using 1Password in Firefox, if you've not run into any issues there.

As for the filling on https://xxxx.okta.com/login/login.htm, we have not had a report about that yet. Are you able to share a screenshot of what you see on there? Are you also able to collect some details from the page for us?

Here is how to collect the page details:

1. Navigate to the sign-in form on the site.
    2. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar.
    3. Click Help and choose Collect Page Structure.
    4. 1Password will save a .json file to your "Downloads" folder.
    5. Copy the contents of the .json file to your next reply.

If you're unable to copy the contents of that file, you can email it to us at support+forum@1Password.com. With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• Ultranaut
    Ultranaut
    Community Member
    Options

The symptoms on okta.com appear to be the same as those on the AWS sign-in page - no "autofill" icons injected into the form, no auto-fill functionality.

This is an internal company auth portal so I've cropped out the name and logo in an abundance of caution, but I'd expect any Okta sign-in page to look more or less the same.

Support ID number: [#BKW-63527-482]

• Nhat_Nguyen
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hello @Ultranaut,

Thank you very much for sending us the file. I received it, and let us continue working via email.

ref: BKW-63527-482

• Ultranaut
    Ultranaut
    Community Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

I worked with the 1Password support team directly to nail down the root cause of this issue, which turned out to be a corporate Chrome Management Policy restricting the access of Chrome extensions for some particular websites.

Thanks for the help @Nhat_Nguyen!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ultranaut On behalf of Nhat, you are welcome!

This discussion has been closed.