Would like feature to print all passwords

Options
Barnshack1995
Barnshack1995
Community Member

Hi, I want to add my voice to others who have requested the ability to print out a complete list of passwords. Hope 1Password figures out a way to make this possible soon!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Barnshack1995

I'm afraid this isn't something we're planning. The data that is stored in 1Password is highly dynamic, which means frequent re-printing would likely be required in order to keep such a paper copy up to date. Additionally if you're using strong passwords generated by the password generator (you are, right? 😉) having to type those in would be a nightmare. You lose all of the convenience and security benefits of 1Password in doing so. Even if you only have a relatively small number of accounts — let's say 50 — can you imagine having to re-type the titles, URLs, usernames, and passwords for each of those 50 items? 😬

I'd be happy to talk about what is driving your desire for such a printout to see if there is a different approach we could suggest, but to be up front I don't anticipate there being a focus on printing from 1Password (beyond the Emergency Kit) going forward.

Ben

• robert1p
    robert1p
    Community Member
    Options

I haven't tried the Export Account feature, but I would guess that would work. (Though maybe you wanted to avoid this path; i.e. like you say, the real question is why they want to do this.)

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

Ben,
    Is 1password considering creating the ability to export my 1password vault in a .csv file?

I ask because It would be nice to be able to download my entire vault in a CSV file & encrypt it
    and then store it and then every month continue to do that so as I continue to grow my vault I can also continue to have a backup of it in case for some reason I get locked out of my one password account and need to open up another.

this allows me to have all my passwords & all my notes at my disposal

at this time that option is not available for us folks that have a Chromebook I hope that's something that one password would consider in the future.
    FYI I have several backups but being able to have the ability to export my vault in a ,csv file would be great & I am smart enough to know to encrypt it once it's downloaded to my computer I have a encryptor program that turns the .csv file into a unreadable password protected encrypted .csv file :)

• Hey @kram5819:

Thanks for your feedback here! We're always exploring additional options, and while I can't promise anything, I'll definitely share your thoughts. Cheers!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.