Show SSH key name option shows fingerprint instead

Options
tonkku107
tonkku107
Community Member
edited May 2022 in SSH

The option to show SSH key name in prompts shows the key's fingerprint instead of its given name. This means there's no difference between having the option enabled or disabled.

1Password Version: 8.6.0-6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Arch Linux kernel: 5.16.9, kde: 5.24.1

Comments

• Thanks for trying out the beta! When enabling the SSH agent, there is a separate option for using the item name instead of the fingerprint. 1Password provides this as a separate option because it requires that the item name be stored unencrypted on disk.

Let me know if this works for you!

• tonkku107
    tonkku107
    Community Member
    Options

The option is enabled but has no effect. I am talking about the option specifically still showing the fingerprint instead of the name.

• Sorry for my misunderstanding! If you disable the agent and re-enable it, does the problem persist? Thanks!

• tonkku107
    tonkku107
    Community Member
    Options

I am still seeing fingerprints instead of names after toggling the agent off and on with the show names option enabled.

• @tonkku107 It appears like you may not be using the latest beta. Can try updating to the latest version? You may need to toggle the feature again after updating.

• tonkku107
    tonkku107
    Community Member
    Options

It seems the latest version hasn't been updated in the AUR which is why I don't have it.

• tonkku107
    tonkku107
    Community Member
    Options

I updated the PKGBUILD to 8.6.0-26 manually and it does work now.
    Though there is now 2 popups you have to go through which isn't that nice...

This discussion has been closed.