Malwarebytes Premium wants me to add their browser Guard.

Options

Hi folks. I'm new to 1Password and this community. I have Malwarebytes Premium. It wants me to install it's Browser Guard, saying I don't have all my security measures enabled. Will it interfere with 1Password, and should I install it or not?

1Password Version: 8.4.0 for Windows
Extension Version: Version 2.2.3
OS Version: Windows 10
Referrer: forum-search:Malwarebytes Premium wants me to add their browser Guard. Will it interfere with1Password?

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @noahlusions it's possible that Browser Guard would interfere with 1Password. Are you able to whitelist 1Password on it or via your Malwarebytes settings?

You can always try the installing and see how it works with 1Password. If there is indeed an issue, please let us know and we can look into it with you.

• noahlusions
    noahlusions
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for responding, Joy. I put my.1password.com on Malwarebytes' allow list. However, they say I can add "a file or folder, a website, an application to connect to the internet or a previously detected exploit". Is Malwarebytes browser guard going to recognize it since it's a browser extension and not one of the categories specifically listed?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@noahlusions I would recommend whitelisting the 1Password directory with Malwarebytes. Here's how to do that: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/550408/#Comment_550408 Afterwards, you can test things out. :et us know if you need more help!

• noahlusions
    noahlusions
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks Joy! I went ahead and added the Malwarebytes Browser Guard extension to Chrome. So far it seems to be ok (we'll see).
    I will also do what you suggest with the 1Password directory.

• noahlusions
    noahlusions
    Community Member
    Options

Yeesh. On the link you posted, MikeT says we can find the 1Password directory at %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password. How do I do that? It's not a URL and appears to be a little above my pay grade. Do I enter that in start/run, and if so, what do I do next? I'm not familiar with this kind of operation.

• noahlusions
    noahlusions
    Community Member
    Options

All is well. I whitelisted 1Password.com and enables Malwarebytes' Browser Guard and everything seems to be working. Thanks Joy.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@noahlusions Sorry for the confusion, but I'm glad that whitelisting 1Password.com works. If you have any other questions or need more help, please let us know :)

• noahlusions
    noahlusions
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, I'll be asking questions alright. I'm setting up my new laptop this Sunday... ...I appreciate the support team and the community. Kudos.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@noahlusions Good luck with the new laptop! We will be more than happy to help with any questions that you have :) Feel free to reach out to us at anytime.

This discussion has been closed.