1Password for Safari.app installed, but Safari lost 1P8 extension & does not install again

Options

1Password for Safari.app opens, shows the button "Open Safari Preferences", but the button does not link to Safari. When I open Safari Prefs manually, the Extension is lost. It was there before. Unfortunately, I can not tell exactly when it got lost. But I assume that it happened with the System update to 12.2.1 and/or the update of 1P8 to the most recent BETA.
How to force installation of the 1P8 extension in Safari?

1Password Version: 80600026 BETA
Extension Version: 2.2.3
OS Version: 12.2.1

Comments

• bwadm
    bwadm
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! Meanwhile, I emails Support and got a solution:

1) Close all open web browsers.
    2) Open the Terminal app on your Mac
    3) Paste the following into Terminal and then press enter to run the command: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -f -R /Applications/Safari.app
    4) Open Safari > Preferences > Extensions and try to enable 1Password again.

When I opened my Safari, the first open Window/Tab asked me to accept a "new" extension, namely 1Password's extension. So it worked. For a BETA such Terminal interaction might be OK, but the final version of 1P8.x should not run into this problem.

• geoffreys
    geoffreys
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the the solution to this annoying issue. Cheers!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @bwadm glad you were able to find a solution for this! Let us know if you run into any other issues.

• Larryye
    Larryye
    Community Member
    Options

bwadm,
    This worked great. I had spent a lot of time looking for a solution and the Terminal command you posted worked great! My 1Password now works on Safari after upgrading to 1Password8. I was about to go back to 1Password7. Thank you so much.

• I'm glad to hear those steps sorted it out for you @Larryye! Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.