Is 1Password for Android able to autofill credit card field ?

Options
Community Member

Is 1Password for Android able to autofill credit card field ? I'm looking for a password manager that can do this

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• FrankBreech
    FrankBreech
    Community Member
    Options

I haven't been having luck with CC Logins recently. But I think that is more a "1PW and Android 12" Autofill issue, not necessarily an issue with CC #s themselves.

I do hope 1PW are able to figure out the Android 12 issue.

• Hello @0100110 , @FrankBreech thanks for the question. At this time, 1Password for Android only fills Login items, not Credit Card items. While I can't make any promises about the development of 1Password this is definitely something we're looking into.

• DefiCzech
    DefiCzech
    Community Member
    Options

I hope it will be sometimes implemented and not only for Credit Card items but for Password items too. I dont like copy paste those kind of informations.

• Hey, @DefiCzech thanks for your comments. While Password items won't Autofill with 1Password for Android at this time, Login items will. You can save a Login item with the password field filled out and the username field blank.

You can also use split screen mode to drag and drop your credentials to avoid copying them: Drag and drop to fill in other apps

• DefiCzech
    DefiCzech
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_timothy why should user do this (create Login item with username field blank)? In my opinion the Password item is exactly that (Login item without username filled out). So add ability to autofill Password item IMHO could be done in few hours without no harm :D

I can understand that autofill credit card field could be tricky due input detection limitation if there are any.

• Hi @DefiCzech, thanks for your feedback!

It's unfortunate that 1Password for Android isn't able to fill other items types at this time, however, this capability is available on other platforms: https://support.1password.com/credit-card-address-filling/ .

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

This discussion has been closed.