Having issue signing into 1Password on HP Stream7 tablet

Options
BobArch2
BobArch2
Community Member

I have not used the tablet since September 2021. Powered up yesterday and needed many updates with other apps.

At one point I needed to get into 1Password and tried entering the master key, which I had changed via my PC December 2021. 1Password (v7.6.5) on the tablet kept rejecting the sign on.

I uninstalled 1Password and tried a reinstall of v7.6.5 that was on the tablet. It would not install indicating that that version was not compatible with the vault.

My PC is running v8.5 in a Windows 10 64 bit environment and perhaps that version changed the vault?

The tablet is running Windows 10 32 bit, with a 64 bit processor.

The question becomes … is there a version that can be run on the tablet that can sync with the vault accessed by my PC? Any suggestions welcomed.

P.S. I am running 1Password on an iPad running iOS 15 with no issues.

1Password Version: 7.6.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 21H1 fully updated

Comments

• Hi @BobArch2, thank you for contacting us about this. I can see how the situation could get complicated! We'll be happy to help you get this figured out.

I understand that while the initial issue was with the password, you have been since unable to reinstall 1Password on this device, and are getting messages that the vault is incompatible with the version you're trying to install.

We'll definitely want to investigate this further. In order to do so, we'll need to discuss specifics of this device with you, so I'll ask you to send us a brief email to our team at support+windows@1Password.com, with a link to this discussion. You've already given us plenty of detail to get started, so we'll be ready to start working with you in that private channel in order to safeguard your privacy and security as we work through this.

Thank you again for letting us know, and we'll look forward to helping resolve this! 😃

• BobArch2
    BobArch2
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @PeterG_1P , thanks for the speedy response. Unfortunately I will not have time tonight to continue the conversation, but will contact you tomorrow.

I will say this is not a serious situation in that the tablet was originally acquired and was intended to be a device that I just wanted to play him. Push the limits so to speak. It originally came with Windows 7 which upgraded to Win8 and then pushed the envelope to upgrade to Win10 shortly after Win 10 was released. Considering it’s specs I was really surprised and Win10 can run on it.

Before contacting you tomorrow I will gather up all the specs and convey that in the initial email.

Cheers

• That sounds great @BobArch2. No pressure from us - we'll be ready to work on this at a time that works for you. Nice to know the tablet has endured!

• BobArch2
    BobArch2
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @PeterG_1P ... message sent to support with more information and a couple of ZIP files ... 1Password log ...2022-02-19.zip and the diagnostics file Diagnostics for 1Password v7.9.828 1645292575.zip

• BobArch2
    BobArch2
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hi @PeterG_1P ... just an update to say we are now up and running with 1Password v7.9828 on the HP Stream 7 running the 32 bit Windows 10 OS. The problem was that 1Password on the tablet was locked and could not recognize the new Master password that I changed back in December 2021. Logging in with the older Master password did the trick. Once entered, it sync'd the new Master password. All is well. Perhaps now is the time to upgrade 1Password to v8.5 on the desktop, which runs 64 bit Windows 10 Pro.

• Hi @BobArch2, this is great news, thank you for letting us know! 🙌

If you're interested, you can certainly upgrade to 1Password 8.5 on that 64-bit Windows 10 device. The app is fully compatible and ready to go. And as always, we'll be here to help if there's anything we can do for you. 😃

This discussion has been closed.