Login bar in extension update

Options
jimmyweg
jimmyweg
Community Member

The latest update for the Chrome extension, 2.3.0, automatically presents a clickable options bar to choose a login method. See pic. Is there a way to suppress this feature. I didn't see one in the settings. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.3.0
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @jimmyweg,

You can try these steps to prevent 1Password from telling users to unlock when you are on a website.

Right-click the 1Password icon in browser toolbar => Settings => Scroll down to "Autofill" => Turn off "Show autofill menu on field focus".

• jimmyweg
    jimmyweg
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! That seems to be working.

• Hello @jimmyweg,

You are very welcome. Please feel free to give me a shout if you need anything, and have a great week.

• jimmyweg
    jimmyweg
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I found that the "show autofill on focus" is rather handy, and I don't want to suppress it. So, would you have to add an option to the settings to turn off the new options bar? IMHO, it's annoying, but it's outweighed by how convenient the autofill is. Thanks.

• jimmyweg
    jimmyweg
    Community Member
    Options

I have another question about this feature. I attached a screenshot that kind of describes my issue. Why not display the login window when we click on Use 1Password in the pop-up box? Clicking once is easier than pressing three keys simultaneously. Thanks.

• Hey @jimmyweg:

Thanks for following up! The short version is that browser extensions can't open the extension pop-up from directly inside the page. This is why you have to either press the keyboard shortcut, or explicitly click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar to open the pop-up. While we're hoping to have the ability to do this in the future, we don't at the moment. We'd really love it to though, and it sounds like you would too!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.