How to change the type of a field?

Options
CCal
CCal
Community Member
edited February 2022 in Windows

How do I change the type of a field?

For example, changing a text field that consist of a PIN number into the password field, so it is not immediately displayed when I open the app?

1Password Version:8.5.0
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again @ccal !

Changing the type of field is actually not possible. You have to delete and recreate your field to get the type of field you want to have.
    Maybe this could be implemented in the near future?

• Hi @CCal - it's not currently possible to do this, but we do have an open request for just such a feature. I'll add your post here to our internal discussion around this! Thanks for the input 😃

ref: dev/core/core#6824

• friedlotto
    friedlotto
    Community Member
    Options

Vote+1

• Hello @friedlotto, thanks for your +1 here. We can't make any guarantees about when or if this type of feature will make it's way into 1Password 8. I've added your vote to this tracker for consideration.

As previously mentioned, the current best option is to delete and recreate the field as the specific field type you are looking for.

We appreciate your feedback!

• HWP
    HWP
    Community Member
    Options

+1 please ...

• Thanks for your +1, @HWP! This has been added to the tracker.

• ossiejhmoore
    ossiejhmoore
    Community Member
    Options

+1 please.. this was a great feature we lost in the transition to 8.x.

• Hello @ossiejhmoore,

Thanks for letting us know you'd like to see the ability to make a change to the field type, make a return. As mentioned previously, I can't make any guarantees, but I have included your request for the team in the issue we're tracking.

This discussion has been closed.