A frustrating website...

Options
Babbling
Babbling
Community Member
edited February 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I used a banking website that is very frustrating...https://ibanking.stgeorge.com.au/ibank/loginPage.action

If I use 1Password to fill and go, then it says the information is incorrect (3x and it locks me out). Previously, I got around this by just clicking the mouse in each field. But that has stopped working.

Now I have to copy and paste each field from 1Password into the relevant field. Then it works...

You guys have been excellent at diagnosing issues with websites for me in the past so I thought I'd ask....

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9.2 (70902005) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Babbling I took a look at the site, and I was able to fill a test login in all the fields. Could you clarify what steps you're taking to fill your login (is it from the extension, is it by clicking on "Open and fill" from the app?). Could you also clarify if your information is not filling at all? If you can fill your login with 1Password but cannot sign in to the site, please let us know.

• Babbling
    Babbling
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Joy! I use the extension (but it's the same from the app) and "open & fill". And it says that one of the fields is wrong (even though they are all correct). So it's not the filling that is the issue. But that fact that the site seems to know that I'm using a programme to fill the fields. As I said, I could get around it previously by clicking in each field after I'd filled them with the extension. But now even doing that doesn't work. Only solution is to copy and past from 1Password. Then it works!! Obviously you can't test what I'm saying since you don't have an account....but you guys have done some amazing things for me in the past so I figure there's no harm in asking! :-)

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Babbling Hmm, that's odd. Just curious, what is the length of your password? Please don't share your password with us. We'd just like to check on the length of it, in order to see if it meets the website's requirements. Please let us know!

• Babbling
    Babbling
    Community Member
    Options

My password is 20 characters. Upper case, lower case, numbers (but no other symbols--not sure if I chose that or if that was random). Thank you so much for looking into this for me!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Babbling It looks like the password length is the issue. The website has a max length of 19 characters for your account password. When you fill your password from the extension, the website captures all 20 characters and does not accept it. However, when you type in or copy/paste your password, the website captures only 19 characters and allows you to sign in.

To resolve this issue, sign in to your account as you've been doing and update your password. Make sure it's only 19 characters and save it to 1Password. If you use our password generator, you can select the Random Password type which allows you to set how long your password will be. Here's a video: https://cln.sh/esALJx

Let us know if you have any other questions!

• Babbling
    Babbling
    Community Member
    Options

Joy--you bring Joy!! Yes, it worked! (I discovered the limit was 12 characters!!) I am constantly amazed at the support I get from 1Password!! Thank you!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Babbling Ahh, it was 12 characters. I'm glad that you were able to figure that out. I do hope that things are going well now. If you run into any other questions, feel free to reach out again :)

This discussion has been closed.