Multiple vaults

JOB64
JOB64
Community Member

Hi to all!
Had a very similar question to that of stever27 on February 8th…
Upgraded from a single lifetime license (way back when) to family a few months ago.
Family members do not like my waytoolongandcomplicated password & I am struggling to make their access easier (but secure)
In response to stever27 you said that you would contact him via email.
Can I also get that info?
Best regards
JOB64

Comments

• Hello @JOB64! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that some of your family members are having trouble using 1Password. For privacy reasons I'm unable to share what we might have discussed with someone else over email but I'm happy to help you get things working for you and your family. 🙂

Can you tell me a little bit more about what specifically you're struggling with? Do you already have a 1Password Families membership and are you trying to invite family members to the membership so that they have their own 1Password accounts? If the answer is yes then this guide is a great place to start: Get started with 1Password Families

I look forward to hearing from you.

• JOB64
    JOB64
    Community Member

Hi Dave.
    Maybe I’m computer illiterate, maybe I’m not seeing the obvious. Whatever. „Get started“ did not help me…
    When I upgraded to family, I expected sort of a hierarchy.
    Since nobody in my family even cares about security updates, I have to be in charge (many moons ago I was a Sysadmin…)
    I expected to have oversight over all members. Everyone has access to their own private vault and to a general vault. Everyone can log in with their own secure password with limited rights.
    I have a „master password“ and can take care of things.
    The way it is now, is that everyone has to use my waytoolongandcomplicated password & has access to everything.

Am I doing everything wrong?

• @JOB64

Thank you for the reply. If you're the family organizer of a 1Password Families membership then you can help your family members by inviting them to the 1Password Families membership, creating vaults and sharing those vaults with family members, restoring access to a family's member's account if they've forgotten either their Secret Key or account password, managing billing for the subscription, and more.

The way it is now, is that everyone has to use my waytoolongandcomplicated password & has access to everything.

Your family members should not have access to your account password. Did you share your account password and Secret Key with them? Every family member should have their own account password and Secret Key that they set and receive after they accept an invitation from the family organizer: Add and remove family members

Can you confirm that you have a 1Password Families membership and that you've invited your family members using the process in the guide that I've posted above? I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

This discussion has been closed.