Autofill password field not triggering on (Android devices) for Flutter

mtambuchomtambucho
Community Member

Password field in Flutter, working fine with Iphones but for Android the password field is never autofilling.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• periperi

Team Member

Hey @mtambucho. Are you noticing this issue in any Flutter app in particular, or have you had this issue across multiple Flutter apps? If it's any app in particular, can you let me know which, so we can test it out on our end?

• mtambuchomtambucho
    Community Member
    edited March 2

Hi peri, I'm trying to develop an application and fill the username and pass with 1password, I tried with many Flutter versions but still not working, I don't know if exists a Flutter App working good with 1pass.
    With the same code, for iphones works ok, but the issue is only with Android.

• ag_timothyag_timothy

Team Member

Hello @mtambucho thanks for the information. I can see that Peri filed an issue with our development team so we can investigate further: ref: android-1524

• mtambuchomtambucho
    Community Member

Thanks! hope it can be solved soon

• periperi

Team Member

Thanks for reporting this, @mtambucho!

• saadsaad

Team Member

@mtambucho Thanks for letting us know that 1Password is not filling into the password field in your Flutter app on Android.

After trying out a few different Flutter apps, I can confirm that the input type for the field is not shared with 1Password. This is an additional requirement that 1Password has for password fields where the input type must also be of a password type. Since we cannot verify the input type, 1Password will not recognize the field for filling the user’s password.

We are excited to see Autofill support making its way into Flutter and we hope that we'll continue to see support for other Autofill features including sharing the input type in the near future.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any questions.

• sjoulbaksjoulbak
    Community Member

Hi @saad

Thank you for sharing this information. I'm currently experiencing the same issue on iOS. Can you perhaps share a bit more information with what you mean with "the input type must also be of a password type". Can you perhaps point where we can find this in the iOS/Android documentation? (note: I'm not referring to Flutter, since it probably does not exist there yet)

• saadsaad

Team Member

Hi @sjoulbak! I think you are experiencing a different problem because Autofill works different on iOS.

On Android, 1Password is responsible for iterating through a filtered view hierarchy to identify fields for filling. This is where 1Password will look at the view's input type when it’s looking for a password field.

On iOS, Apple does that work for us and only tells 1Password when it needs the username and password value for a given URL.

• mtambuchomtambucho
    Community Member

@saad there is going to be a workaround from 1password team for this or you need for wait to Flutter for do this?

• saadsaad

Team Member

@mtambucho this feature needs to be supported in Flutter to match the native Android app experience.

• AugustoResendeAugustoResende
    Community Member

Issue created at Flutter's GitHub
    https://github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/105241

• ag_timothyag_timothy

Team Member

Hi @AugustoResende, thanks for filing and sharing the link with us!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file