Please let me rename files that are attached to an item

Options
tmakaro
tmakaro
Community Member

I have a bunch of bitlocker recovery key files that I store attached to a secure note. I would love the ability to rename these files within the app, so that I don't have to download the file just to rename them and upload it back to 1password. That's worse is that the reuploaded the files will change the order of the fields and I can't reorder them. Please allow for reordering fields as well.

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 21H2

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hi @tmakaro, thanks for letting us know how this could be made better for your workflow. In accordance with what you've told us here, I've filed two requests on your behalf:

1. A new one to enable change of file names within 1Password
      2.And I've added your request to our existing issue about re-ordering item fields

Thanks for taking the time to surface this for us - we'll keep the updates coming and hope the forthcoming releases will be to your liking!

ref: https://1password-internal.ideas.aha.io/ideas/IDEA-I-372
    ref: dev/core/core#13152
    ref: IDEA-I-704

• norysang
    norysang
    Community Member
    Options

I would like to voice a +1 for the "rename files". Downloading, renaming and uploading not only is a bit inconvenient, it also exposed the file's contents to whatever backup solution (TimeMachine/FileHistory/something else) you have running so it may lead to the files ending up in a backup which may not be exactly what you want.

• Hi @norysang,

Thanks for your feedback and request to add your voice to this feature request of renaming attached files. I've included your vote and passed these comments along to the team. 😀

ref: IDEA-I-704

This discussion has been closed.