1Password asked me if I wanted to save my master password in 1Password and I accidentally said yes

Options
tamimd67
tamimd67
Community Member

1Password asked me if I wanted to save my master password in 1Password and I accidentally said yes. Now I see this:

I don't want to change my master password, I just don't want it to be clickable to fill it in. I see the account inside 1Password, but I am afraid to delete it. How can I reverse this while preserving the current master password?

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.5.0
Extension Version: 1Password for Chrome 2.2.3
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Referrer: forum-search:master password

Comments

• Nhat_Nguyen
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hello @tamimd67,

Thank you for the screenshot. Since it contains your personal information (Your email) I will remove it from our conversation.

That said, it should not matter much if you save your master password in 1Password or not. 1Password will only offer to fill for you when you unlock it first, so there should be no security concern. However, if you want to remove your master password, you can also do that, and it won't affect your account at all.

To remove your master password from 1Password, you can select the 1Password icon in Chrome's toolbar > Search for your 1Password login item > edit > Remove your password > Save.

• tamimd67
    tamimd67
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much!

• @tamimd67, you are very welcome. Please let me know if you need more information.

This discussion has been closed.