1P 8 macOS - Multiple Feedback

Use 1Password extensively for ourselves and recommend for many business partners to also use 1Password - As a result our team members are in four/five business vaults.

Logging into 1Password 8 macOS only unlocks the single vault, with 1P7 it would provide access to each-vault. This process does not scale/work if you've got multiple vaults. If you can document how saving the details in one vault automatically unlocks the other vaults when you've authenticated to the first vault it would be amazing.
This problem is escalated when trying to use any Browser integration.

Still cannot sort account orders, only on the time they were added.
It would be great to be able to 'Favourite' a vault(not an entry) so it is always at the top

Positive - Collections are great concept but until the above item for multiple vaults being unlocked so it is usable cannot be utilised.

Rolling back to 1Password7 as this is un-useable in a business sense if multiple vaults are involved.

1Password Version: 8.6-80600043
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.2.1

Comments

• davidcit
    davidcit
    Community Member

In addition, with the Collections they goto the bottom of the drop-downs (despite making this as they would generally be commonly be used) and the keyboard shortcut (command + number) is not prioritised for what a user wants regularly.

• Hey @davidcit:

Thanks for your feedback here on this! As you've noticed, 1Password 8 unlocks a little differently than 1Password 7. 1Password 7 had the concept of a "first" account/vault, which would unlock all other accounts/vaults in the 1Password app. 1Password 8 instead unlocks all accounts that share the same account password. Generally speaking, we'd recommend using the same account password for each 1Password account an individual may have: https://support.1password.com/multiple-accounts/#use-your-1password-account-password-for-all-your-accounts

I've also noted your thoughts on collection reordering internally, so thanks again as we work to make 1Password the best it can be!

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-400

• davidcit
    davidcit
    Community Member

Hi Jack,

Seems an odd way to go about that for using a single password across multiple accounts.

Another piece of user feedback;
    Scenario: A vault for each customer we're engaged with
    Click on a vault (as I want to search for something for this particular customer) and then search, it wants to return search results for the entire 1Password account, not the vault I selected. Great for a personal user, not great if using in a business scenario.
    (Imagine searching something like Office365 / SSL / Domain Access / Registrar that would be common across all customers) (all results returned, not the vault I just selected)

No preference available to change.

• Hi @davidcit:

Thanks for your additional feedback! We're continually making improvements to search, but in the meantime, selecting a vault and pressing command/control + F will result in the search being scoped to the active vault, using search operators =vault:Personal.

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.