1Password keeps defaulting to private while not doing so for colleagues

Options
deliciousbread
deliciousbread
Community Member

heya, whenever I create a password it defaults to 'private' vault, if a colleague attempts to do this it will change to the vault he's currently in. We are both on 8.5.0. I don't see anything in the settings to change this, but it is creating a lot of frustration as I'm trying to create 100s of passwords across multiple vaults

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 11

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hi @deliciousbread, thanks for this question. I'm sorry for any inconvenience around this, and will be happy to chase down any issues that might be causing a discrepancy here.

To start out: are either you or your colleague in a Collection when creating a new item? I'm wondering if this might have an impact on the save behavior you're seeing.

In any case, I'll follow up on our end, will keep an eye on this post for your response, and will hope to have more for you soon. Thanks for alerting us to this issue!

ref: dev/core/core#12637

• deliciousbread
    deliciousbread
    Community Member
    Options

Morning @PeterG_1P - yeah we are within one, i've tried replicating exactly what my colleague does (clicking a password within the collection) and it will still default to private on my 1pass, but to the relevant collection for my colleague

Thanks for looking into this :-)

• PeterG_1P
    edited March 2022
    Options

Thank you @deliciousbread. Again, sorry that this is causing inconvenience for you. As it happens, a 1Password employee caught this behavior just recently, and it's something our developers are looking into. Thanks for confirming the nature of the issue, and we'll look forward to improving how vault selection is handled from here.

This discussion has been closed.