Feature Request - Page numbers in printout

Options
swieton
swieton
Community Member

Hello!

I just printed out a few items for safe backup in a safe deposit box at my bank. I noticed that the printout spanned multiple pages and 1P entries were split where the pages broke.

It would be very useful to have page numbers on the printout, so that if a title and its password (or other important note) were separated you'd still be able to associate them.

I'm sure there's other things that could be done to improve printing, but this one simple thing would make it easier for me.

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.2.1

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hello @swieton! 👋

In general, I don't recommend exporting or printing your passwords at all since that will remove them from the secure and encrypted environment of 1Password. Any exported or printed copy of your passwords will be in plain text and so will be readable by anyone who views it. In addition to this if you change any of your passwords in the future the exported or printed copy will become outdated.

If you have a 1Password membership and you're hoping to make your items available to family members or to your lawyer in case of an emergency then I suggest downloading and saving your Emergency Kit instead. You can print your account password on the printed copy and store that in your personal safe.

That being said, your idea is useful and I've passed it along to our developers.

Let me know if that helps. 😊

ref: IDEA-I-406

This discussion has been closed.