Autosave and "Hide on this page"

Options
me_and_myself
me_and_myself
Community Member

Good morning everyone.

Been using 1Password for many, many years now, first alone, then family account, and now I'm looking up to also deploy and install it at all company computers with a Business account, after convincing my boss about the high quality of your product.

I'm still using 1Password 7 at home, and I was of course surprised about the 1Password 8 interface at the office computers, wasn't aware you're now fully deploying version 8 since I have not gotten any upgrade notice at home yet. I decided to give it a try, the new interface requires time to get used to it. Many whistles and bells and functionality very hidden, was my first impression. But the feature that I had most headache with was Autosave and, more precisely "Hide on this page". The function is fundamental to the company due to the website and intranet site structures. It took me forever to find out how it works. Why did you take the options setting out?

I tried to look it up on the Internet, including this forum, the only hint I could find was the video from this post, but the Windows plugins (at least the Firefox or Chrome ones) doesn't have that "Suggestions" button in the password dropdown at all. I eventually found out that I could right click on any suggested username in the plugin window itself and there it was, but that's not intuitive and very hidden. Later, I also found out that I could right click on the 1Password symbol in the input field and find it there too, that one I like more, but it's still not very intuitive. I have to deal with every type of employee using the systems, and I already know most won't find that option.

Do you have plans on bringing the Autosave/exceptions setting back like it was on 1Password 7? A central place where you can manage your exceptions and see at a glance where 1Password is showing and where it's not. Oh, and maybe make the "Hide on this page" option more visible somehow?

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: 2.2.3
OS Version: Windows 10

This discussion has been closed.