Continually having to login iOS

labcbake
labcbake
Community Member

I become exasperated having to continually log master password for 1Password on iOS and OS. How can I stay logged in our use facial recognition>

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @labcbake! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're being asked to enter your account password instead of being able to use Face ID. Is this happening when you open the main 1Password app from your home screen or when you're filling or saving a login in another app?

If this is happening when you're filling or saving a login from inside of another app then you'll need to use your account password to unlock the main 1Password app from your home screen first, you'll then be able to use Face ID to unlock 1Password from inside another app using Password AutoFill. 🙂

• labcbake
    labcbake
    Community Member

Thanks. Very helpful. I have been fiddling and definitely made some improvements. I struggle typing in long passwords on my phone-- quite clumsy.

• @labcbake

Did opening the main 1Password app first help with the issue? Let me know if you need anymore help. 🙂

• Penguinlay
    Penguinlay
    Community Member

In my case, it turns out that after the iPhone is restarted, you need to launch the 1Password app at least once for the 1Password pop ups from keyboard to start using the Face ID I set up, instead of unlocking the Face ID unlock functionality after one master password entry without needing to launch the 1Password app.

• @Penguinlay

Thanks for the tip! 😊

This discussion has been closed.